Follow Edipus

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Why I read


In college you learn to read as many textbooks as fast as you can, consecutively, so you can hurry up and pass exams and get a diploma.  Ask any college student, past or present, and they will tell you that the constant volleying of one scholastic tome to the next is a normal practice whilst in school. But what if you've always been this way? Well, that's me. Looking back on my childhood,  I can distinctively remember my nose preferring the company of a paper gutter over anything else. Books were my refuge that provided a warm and safe respite from an outside world that seemed to be dark and merciless. With books I not only had friends, but ones that accepted me for who I was - without conditions.

To simply say that I was or still am a "bookworm" would be a complete understatement. To say that I am a fan, is laughable. No, my love for these bound pieces of parchment runs deeper than the Mariana Trench. Doesn't matter what subject or genre, I love them...and you should too.

Read entries are my little panaceas for the worm that still resides inside and is perfectly fine with never ever being cured.

No comments:

Post a Comment