Follow Edipus

Sunday, August 18, 2013

C is for Cookies

What can I say? My heart is filled.

The first fundraiser for Edipus and we managed to rake in over $120! Wow. Who knew brownies and frosting had that much power, eh?

So many wonderful people took the time to listen to my quiet spiel about Ed - listening to the cause and its meaning without cringing or losing interest. Some even donated more then the original price to help fill the till. Was it my charm? Possibly. The whiff of butter? Probably. Who knows. It got us the exposure...and the dough. Yay!

A special thanks goes out to Lizette, Monique, Tanya, and Victoria who helped with the baking by donating their mad skills to the cause. Also, thanks to Petrelli (for trying) and my Sissy who - without a doubt - is my biggest supporter (and excellent booth-setter-upper).  [An extra special thanks to the homeless man who - after I explained what my cause was about - informed me that there was no need to put on this concert because in the next couple of weeks all men are to be abducted by aliens and taken away, thereby wiping out sexual assault forever.]

If you couldn't make it to this particular fundraiser, don't fret. There's plenty more to come. Maybe not a bake sale, but something will come about. Stay tuned and don't forget to donate!

Love, love & more love,
J.


No comments:

Post a Comment